Thursday, July 2, 2015

Prospering in God

Scripture:

II Chronicles 31:21  "Every work which he began in the service of the house of God in law and in commandment, seeking his God, he did with all his heart and prospered".

Observation:

Hezekiah sought the Lord and had a strong desire to please the Lord and do the right thing always.  He feared God and sought God's council on everything.  It says here that in his work and service for the Lord and in seeking God, he did with all his heart and he prospered.

Application:

Prosperity comes when you are seeking God's will above all else.  In this context, it appears that prospering meant that he was able to to accomplish everything he did for God.  As he was trying diligently to follow the Lord and do what God wanted him to, he prospered at it.  God gave him the power to follow the Lord and accomplish all God wanted him to.  God will help us serve Him as we seek Him.

Prayer:

Father, it seems recently in my devotions that I have been on a theme of seeking You.  Let me be a God-seeker.  Let me not act in my flesh at any time, but seek the Lord on all things that pertain to my life, family, church, city, and future.  Teach me to hear Your voice and respond appropriately.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment