Friday, July 17, 2015

A Great Reputation

Scripture:

Esther 10:3  "For Mordecai the Jew was second only to King Ahasuerus, and great among the Jews and in favor with his many kinsmen, one who sought the good of his people and one who spoke for the welfare of His whole nation".

Observation:

Mordecai was promoted to second in the kingdom after being a nobody for a long time because of his reputation.  He was greatly honored because of who he was, not simply because of what he did.  Here we see that he was in favor with people, he sought the good of his people and he spoke for the welfare of his whole nation.  He had a fantastic reputation.

Application:

Your reputation is so important in life!  There are those who are promoted because of what they do and those who are promoted because of who they are.  If you are promoted because of what you do, then your character may not keep you in that position.  If you are promoted because of who you are, you will remain and be powerful for God in that position.  Reputation is crucial.

Prayer:

Father, help me to walk in a reputation of humility, servanthood, love and kindness.  Let my life be known for who I am instead of what I do.  I want to do great things for You, but I want to be a great person more.  I love You.  Thank You for pouring out Your Spirit in Costa Rica.  More Lord!

Yours Forever,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment