Wednesday, July 8, 2015

True Conviction and Repentance

Scripture:

Ezra 10:1  "Now while Ezra was praying and making confession, weeping and prostrating himself before the house of God, a very large assembly, men, women, and children, gathered to him from Israel; for the people wept bitterly".

Observation:

As Ezra was preparing to go back to Jerusalem and rebuild the Temple, he realized that his people had inter-married with other people and corrupted themselves before God.  When they realized that they had disobeyed God, they did not take it lightly.  They wept, confessed, prostrated themselves and called on the Lord to forgive them.  They then gave up their foreign wives to make things right with the Lord.

Application:

The church today needs to feel the conviction of the Holy Spirit once again.  We need to realize the extent of our disobedience to God and humbly ask forgiveness.  There should be sorrow over our sins and deep repentance when we mess up.  We need to seek God until we are broken and humbled  before Him.  We need to ask Him to convict us on things we need to change, then to respond with brokenness and humility before Him.  I need to weep again over things in my life that are not where they should be with God.

Prayer:

Lord God Almighty, forgive me for partial obedience and not fully following all You put in my heart.  Let my life be pure before You.  Help me set aside time today to come before You in humility.  I love You and want to walk in wholeness before You.  Show me where I am wrong and illuminate what needs changed, then give me strength to change.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment