Thursday, July 9, 2015

Rally to the Trumpet

Scripture:

Nehemiah 4:20  "At whatever place you hear the sound of the trumpet, rally to us there.  Our God will fight for us".

Observation:

As Nehemiah and those with him were trying to rebuild the walls of Jerusalem, enemies were attacking who were trying to stop their work.  When his people saw the enemies strong in one place on the wall, they blew the trumpet and people would rally to that place for support.  Nehemiah told them to rally, but he also reassured them that God would fight for them.  They did not need to fear because God was with them.

Application:

There are times in our lives when our leaders issue a call.  It may not be with a trumpet blast, but through an email, a voicemail, a text, etc.  Are we good at rallying to the call?  When God blows the trumpet wanting me to rally with my brothers and sisters across denominations, styles, etc., do I hear the sound and rally to what God is doing?  God is trying to rally His people in these dark days, are we hearing the call?

Prayer:

Father, open my ears to hear the trumpet calls going forth today and encourage my heart to rally when You ask me to.  I want to be on board with what You are doing and not so wrapped up in what I have planned.  Teach me to rally on Your time and not my time.  When You call, I want to respond with troops of support.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment