Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Who Do You Think You Are?

Scripture:

Job 38:4  "Where wast thou when I lad the foundations of the earth?  Declare, if thou hast understanding".

Observation:

Job had submitted his complaint to God and justified who he was and his integrity before the Lord.  He was complaining to God because he was innocent and didn't deserve the terrible things that were happening to him.  God responded to Job asking him many questions like this one, "Where wast thou when I laid the foundations of the earth?"  He was basically telling Job, "Who do you thing you are to be questioning Me?"  Now, I 'm going to question you.

Application:

We need to understand simply that God is in control.  He created everything and knows everything.  Who are we to question Him about the things He allows in our lives.  We need to trust God.  He is greater, stronger, more powerful and more wise than any of us.  We must learn not to complain about what He is doing in our lives, but to accept and trust that He knows what He is doing, and if He is allowing it, it must be good for me in some way.

Prayer:

Father, help me to trust You more each day.  You are the creator of all, the sustainer of all, and I know You have my life in Your awesome hands.  Help me to trust You completely and not to question You all the time about what I think You need to do better in my life.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment