Saturday, February 28, 2015

The Least in the Kingdom

Scripture:

Luke 7:28  "I say to you, among those born of women there is no one greater than John; yet he who is least in the Kingdom of God is greater than he".

Observation:

Jesus makes a comment about John the Baptist.  He says that out of everyone born, no one is as great as he.  He gives John an awesome place of dignity among all generations.  Then He says, the least in the kingdom of God is greater than John.  That applies to us.

Application:

Sometimes we tend to think of those in the Bible as so much greater than us and maybe that they were living at some unattainable level with God.  In this verse, Jesus tells us that the least of us in the Kingdom are greater than John, who he had just bragged on.  We are more valuable than we think we are.  We have the Holy Spirit dwelling in us, which could not happen until the time of the Kingdom.

Prayer:

Father, help me to understand how blessed I am to be living in the time of Your kingdom.  Help me have a proper perspective on who I am in Christ.  Show me what it means that the least in the Kingdom is greater than John the Baptist.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment