Monday, February 23, 2015

Save Something for the Poor

Scripture:

Leviticus 19:10  "Nor shall you glean your vineyard, nor shall you gather the fallen fruit of your vineyard; you shall leave them for the needy and for the stranger.  I am the Lord your God".

Observation:

When God's people were going to come into the Promised Land, they were to leave some of the fruit of their land for the needy and the stranger.  It was God's heart for His people to not be greedy and take every bit of  fruit from their vineyards, but to leave some for the poor and stranger who were not even considered His people.  God wants us to take care of the poor.

Application:

When we are doing our savings, investments, etc. do we ever consider leaving some to help someone in need?  Throughout scripture we see how God has a big heart for the poor, fatherless, needy, etc.  We should keep that in mind and live accordingly.  We should put aside something simply to be able to help others with.

Prayer:

Father, help me not to reject the poor and needy, but to be a blessing to them.  I want to live a life that truly reflects Your heart.  At the same time, help me discern when I am being taken advantage of and when I am actually helping someone.  Show me the difference that I may glorify Your name.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment