Sunday, February 22, 2015

Don't Defile Yourself

Scripture:

Leviticus 18:30 "Thus you are to keep My charge, that you do not practice any of the abominable customs which have been practiced before you, so as not to defile yourselves with them; I am the Lord your God".

Observation:

God had just given many practices He considers an abomination.  He said that His people should not practice any of them because He didn't want His people to defile themselves.  He wanted to be their God and for them to be His people.  He was not trying to hurt them or cause them misery, but He wanted to help them and be with them.  He wanted them in a position to receive His blessing and not His judgment.

Application:

God loves us deeply and wants the best for us.  His commands are not to be burdensome, but to keep us in right relationship with us because He loves us.  God doesn't want to give us boring, unfulfilled, lives.  He wants to protect us and our relationship with Him.  He wants us on the side of His blessing.  We must love His commands because the heart of God is for relationship with us.

Prayer:

Lord, You are amazing and love us so much.  Your decrees and laws are a blessing and demonstrated Your extreme love for us.  You want us to walk with You and speak with You as friend with friend.  I want to know You more and more intimately.  Lead me.  Guide me.  Directs my steps.  Work strongly in my life and my family.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment