Thursday, February 12, 2015

Fear or Faith?

Scripture:

Mark 4:40  "And He said to them, 'Why are you afraid?  Do you still have no faith?'"

Observation:

Jesus' disciples were on a boat in the midst of a storm.  He was in the stern of the boat asleep.  They were scared out of their minds and He wasn't doing anything about it.  When they woke Him up with their fear, He said to them these simple words, "Why are you afraid?  Do you still have no faith?"  Jesus associated fear with the lack of faith.

Application:

As believers, whenever we see fear moving into our lives, we are walking into a lack of faith.  Fear and faith cannot exist together.  When one is strong, the other can't stay around.  We are to be people of faith and have no fear.  Our trust is in the one who is able to deliver us from any and every situation.  He is faithful!

Prayer:

Father, lead me into a life of faith.  Help me trust You more each day and not to fear the things that life puts on my plate.  Let me confidence be in You and not in myself.  Teach me to walk by faith completely.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment