Friday, February 27, 2015

Know Your Purpose

Scripture:

Luke 4:43  "But He said to them, 'I must preach the kingdom of God to the other cities also, for I was sent for this purpose'".

Observation:

Jesus had just started His time of ministry with a forty day fast and being tempted by the devil in the wilderness.  He came back in the power of the Spirit and preached His first recorded sermon.  He then tells His disciples that He must preach the kingdom in other cities because He was sent for the purpose.  Jesus knew His purpose.  He knew what His Father wanted Him to do.

Application:

I believe we should seek God until we know our purpose.  God has plans for each of our lives.  Initially, His purpose is our sanctification.  He wants us to be completely His, then He shows us His more specific plan for our lives.  Just as Jesus knew what He was sent to do, our confidence will rise when we know we are doing what God has called us to do.

Prayer:

Father, let me fulfill the purpose I was sent to do.  Help me finish every assignment You have for my life.  Make Your will clearly known so that I may fulfill it completely.  I love You and want to serve You well.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment