Saturday, February 7, 2015

The Key to Joshua's Success

Scripture:

Exodus 33:11  "Thus the Lord used to speak to Moses face to face, just as a man speaks to his friend.  When Moses returned to the camp, his servant Joshua, the son of Nun, a young man, would not depart from the tent".

Observation:

I have always loved Joshua in the Bible.  He and Caleb are two of my favorite characters in all scripture.  He took over when Moses died and led God's people into the promised land, defeating enemies all around.  Here I see the key to his success, he would not depart from the ten of meeting.  He wanted to be in God's presence.  He wanted to be in the glory of the Lord.  Even when Moses was finished meeting with the Lord, Joshua hung around.

Application:

Success follows those who love the presence of the Lord.  Joshua had incredible success in his life, but it came from his personal relationship with the Lord and from longing to know Him more and more.  He and David both are seen in the Word as really strong, really successful men.  Both of them had this in common.  They loved to hang out at the tent of meeting and be in the Lord's presence.  They hungered and thirsted after the Lord.

Prayer:

Lord, lately I desire Your presence more and more.  I want to be with you like Joshua and David.  I want to see You and hear Your voice.  I want to walk in Your glory.  I long to be with You every day and for Your will to be accomplished in my life.

Yours Forever,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment