Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Preparation for Visitation

Scripture:

Exodus 40:34-35  "Then the cloud covered the tent of meeting, and the glory of the Lord filled the tabernacle.  Moses was not able to enter the tent of meeting because the cloud had settled on it, and the glory of the Lord filled the tabernacle".

Observation:

For several chapters prior to this verse, Moses and his workers were preparing every article that would be used in the tabernacle and everything the priests would wear.  There were details about where things would be set as you enter and where the furnishings would be.  There were details about how the items used in worship of the Lord would be made.  There was incredible detail and preparation involved before the glory of the Lord came.

Application:

I want to see a mighty outpouring of the Holy Spirit in my generation, but we can't forfeit the preparation for visitation.  We must be prepared to handle the outpouring that is coming.  I believe the body of Christ is in preparation right now for a visitation of the Holy Spirit.  We need to let Him work in our lives, making sure every detail is pure and acceptable in His sight.  We need to let Him search and, challenge us and change us.  We must yield to His will because His way produces His results.

Prayer:

Father God, examine my heart and prepare me for Your coming glory.  Let the temple of my body be prepared fully for You to come and work through me.  Let my life be pure and acceptable in Your sight.  I'm expecting a visitation, help my preparation.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment