Friday, February 20, 2015

Make a Distinction

Scripture:

Leviticus 10:10  "and so as to make a distinction between the holy and the profane, and between the unclean and the clean".

Observation:

The Lord spoke to Aaron about his priestly ministry.  He told Aaron and his sons not to drink alcohol when they come into the tent of meeting.  He said this would make a distinction between holy and profane and between unclean and clean.  Aaron was told by God to make a distinction.  He couldn't be like everyone else because he was set apart for God.

Application:

Is there a distinction between me and the world?  Does God see that my life is separated for His glory?  Is my life distinctly God's or does is it resemble the world more than Him?  These are the questions I have to ask myself.  In the New Testament we are a royal priesthood and a holy nation that is set apart for the Lord.  Is there a distinction that sets us apart?  We are to come out from among them and be separate.  Are we doing that?

Prayer:

Father, let there be a great distinction between my life and the world.  Let my life be distinctly Yours.  Help me live a life that please You in every area.  Teach me to walk a walk of distinction and know the difference between clean and unclean, between holy and profane.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment