Tuesday, February 24, 2015

The Lord Who Sanctifies You

Scripture:

Leviticus 22:32-33  "You shall not profane My holy name, but I will be sanctified among the sons of Israel; I am the Lord who sanctifies you, who brought you out from the land of Egypt, to be your God; I am the Lord".

Observation:

As God was giving Moses and Aaron His laws and decrees, He reminds them of who He is and what His purpose was for them.  He tells them that He is the one who sanctifies them and that He brought them out of Egypt to be their God.  He didn't bring them out of Egypt simply to bless them, but to be their God.  God wants to be God in His people's lives.  He sanctifies us so that He can be our God and we can be His people.

Application:

Jesus went to the cross to sanctify us and make us acceptable to God.  His work of sanctification continues throughout our lives as believers.  We should continually be becoming more like Christ; more separated from the world and more separated to God.  He does this work in us because He wants to be our God and wants us to be His people.  Our desire must be to be completely His.

Prayer:

Father, sanctify my.  Separate my life for Your purposes.  Be my God and my Lord.  Lead me.  Show me your will for my life and family.  Teach me to follow You more and more completely every day.  I am yours.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment