Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Jesus Pattern of Prayer

Scripture:

Mark 1:35  "In the early morning, while it was still dark, Jesus got up, left the house, and went away to a secluded place, and was praying there".

Observation:

Jesus, the Son of God, felt it was necessary to get up early in the morning while it was still dark and go away from everyone to spend time in prayer with His Father.  Things were beginning to get busy in His public ministry and people are demanding more and more of Him, yet He found time to get alone with the Father early in the morning.

Application:

If the Son of God needed to get up early to spend time with the Heavenly Father, how much more do we?  When things get really busy, we tend to have less time for God.  When Jesus got busy, He made early morning time to be with God.  We must seek God first thing each day and make time in our busy schedules for Him.

Prayer:

Lord, I love my time with You.  You are amazing and always give me something each day to ponder.  I want to hear Your voice more clearly this year than ever before.  I want to know You more.  I want to walk closer to You.  I will keep up my early morning time, but I want to extend it this Spring as it warms up outside for more private time with You.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment