Saturday, February 14, 2015

Sacrificial Giving

Scripture:

Mark 12:43-44  "Calling His disciples to Him, He said to them, 'Truly I say to you, this poor widow put in more than all the contributors to the treasury; for they all put in out of their surplus, but she, out of her poverty, put in all she owned, all she had to live on'".

Observation:

Jesus was with His disciples in the Temple and he was watching people put their money into the treasury.  Many came and put in larger amounts, but Jesus was more impressed with this poor little lady than with all who gave much larger gifts.  He noticed her.  Probably nobody else even saw this woman, but God notices sacrificial giving and blesses that individual.

Application:

God is more concerned with how much we have left over when we give than He is with what we gave.  He loves sacrificial giving.  The kind of giving that cramps our lifestyle.  He is not impressed with amounts, but hearts.  When nobody notices our giving, God does, and He keeps good records.

Prayer:

Father, help me to be a sacrificial giver.  Teach me to follow Your voice when giving and not only give out of my surplus, but out of my need.  Teach me when to sacrifice and when not to.  I want to follow You completely and fulfill Your will on this earth.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment