Monday, February 2, 2015

Support Makes All the Difference

Scripture:

Exodus 17:12 "But Moses' hands became heavy; so they took a stone and put it under him, and he sat on it.  And Aaron and Hur supported his hands, one on one side, and the other on the other side; and his hands were steady until the going down of the sun".

Observation:

The children of Israel were in battle and Moses was told the, as long as he held up his hands, they would win the battle.  His hands became very heavy and he couldn't hold them up any more and his people began to lose.  Aaron and Hur came alongside Moses and held his hands up until they prevailed in the fight.

Application:

Sometimes in life things get difficult and we need someone to come alongside us to hold up our hands.  We also need to be sensitive when we see our leaders weak.  We should always offer a helping hand to those above us.  We should also be ready to say, "I need some help" to those around us.

Prayer:

Father, teach me to ask for help.  Sometimes I feel the weight of ministry and life and need someone to come alongside, but my pride doesn't let me stop and ask for help.  Let my eyes be open to ways I can also help others who are carrying a heavier load, to be a blessing to them.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment