Thursday, February 26, 2015

How Will I Know This For Certain?

Scripture:

Luke 1:18  "Zacharias said to the angel, 'How will I know this for certain?  For I am an old man and my wife is advanced in years'".

Observation:

Here is a priest who had served the Lord for many, many years.  He has an encounter when he speaks with an angel and during the encounter says, "How will I know for certain?"  He looked at his present situation, being old, and wanted some confirmation that what the angel said, would come to pass.  I love the humility here that says, I might be seeing things or my old age might be working on me.

Application:

The Bible speaks extremely highly of Zacharias.  He served his entire life in the priestly ministry, yet when something this major happened, he questioned himself.  I think we all question ourselves as to whether we have actually heard from God on things.  We are in good company.  Everyone asks the question, "How will I know for certain?"  It's okay to ask God if you heard correctly and to confirm what He is saying to you if your heart is pure.

Prayer:

Lord God Almighty,  You are awesome and I love You with all my heart!  Thank You for showing me this today.  Sometimes I question like Zacharias about whether I have heard from You on things.  I wish it was easier to know exactly what is You and what is not.  Give me ears to hear clearly what You are speaking to me, my family, my church and ministry.

Yours Forever,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment