Friday, August 28, 2009

Blessing and Favor

Scripture:

Psalm 84:11 "For the Lord God is our sun and our shield. He gives grace and glory. The Lord will withhold no good thing from those who do what is right".

Observation:

This scripture is a promise we can depend on. Here we are promised blessing and favor when it says, "He will withhold no good thing from them who do what is right". Promises always have something attached to them though. Here it promises God will withhold no good thing, but there is a condition, we must do what is right. That is usually the block that stops us from walking in the kind of life Jesus died to give us.

Application:

When we are committed to walking right, doing right and being right, the blessings of God come upon our lives. most of us want to live the life we want and ask God to bless it. He loves to bless His children, but there is always a condition. If I give my child everything they want, but don't teach them obedience to authority and treating people right, then I have messed them up for life. God works similarly. God isn't in heaven thinking, "how much blessing can I withhold from my children today?" Rather He is in heaven thinking, "how much can I bless them today?" This is dependent upon our heart and lives of obedience. Walk in faithfulness and obedience and He will withhold no good thing from you. WOW! What a promise!

Prayer:

Lord, it sounds so easy. Just do what is right, but doing what is right is usually much more difficult than it seems. The right things are usually harder to do than the easy things. Help me to do the right things and live a life that is pleasing to You my God. You have great intentions for my life and sometimes I miss those because I haven't walked in obedience. Remind me where I have missed something and I will go back and do it.

Love you Lord,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment