Thursday, August 6, 2009

My Rock

Scripture:

Psalm 18:2 "The Lord is my rock, my fortress, and my savior; my God is my rock, in whom I find protection. He is my shield, the power that saves me, and my place of safety".

Observation:

David knew the Lord in a special way. He realized God's personality, His power and His voice. Knew the Lord His God intimately. People for centuries have found peace and life in the Psalms of David. His relationship with the Lord has blessed everyone who has followed after him. Here he talks about the Lord being his rock, his fortress, his savior, his shield, his power to save, and his place of safety. David understood well that the Lord was his defender in every situation. He realized that without the Lord, he couldn't do any of what he was able to accomplish and he gave the credit to the Lord for all of it.

Application:

We need to learn to trust the Lord like David did. He knew the Lord as savior, but also defender, hiding place, shield, protector, fortress, deliverer. He knew that the Lord was the one who fought his battles and protected him in the midst of them. he took no pride in self, but relied fully upon the Lord. We need to come to the place in God where our total trust is in Him and Him alone. We need to know Him intimately enough that we trust Him with our lives. May our faith arise to the level where we completely trust our God to defend us, fight for us and protect us from every attack. May we learn to trust in Him and rely less upon ourselves.

Prayer:

Lord, I always seem to be praying to be able to put my trust more fully in You. You truly have worked amazingly on my behalf. You have never left me nor forsaken me. You have shielded me, though I didn't see it at the time. Help me to remember that You will fight my battles, but when I fight them, You're hands are tied. You are the best and I love You forever!

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment