Monday, August 24, 2009

My Prayer

Scripture:

Psalm 70:4 "But may all who search for you be filled with joy and gladness in you. May those who love your salvation repeatedly shout, "God is great!"'

Observation:

The Psalmist has a desire for those who search for God to be filled with joy and gladness. He wants them to shout about their salvation repeatedly. His heart is to see people really get it and get excited about the God we serve.

Application:

I called this "My Prayer" because it is also my prayer. I want the people to whom I minister to be filled with joy and gladness. I want to see people excited about their God. we get excited about sports, money, etc. to the point of shouting, but we can't seems to bring ourselves to shout out to our God. I want to see God so real in people's lives that they can't stop shouting, "God is great!" If we really knew the God we serve, it would be no problem to get us to shout and our hearts would truly be filled with joy and gladness. Just knowing heaven and hell are real and we are going to heaven should be enough to make us shout.

Prayer:

Lord, I want my church to be filled with people who understand their salvation and who can't shut up about it. I want to see people so saved that they tell everyone. I want to see people so filled with your Spirit that they overflow on others. I want to see a people who are filled with joy and not just going through the motions of religion. Lord, teach us more of your goodness that we may shout about it! May those who I minister to be so filled with you that they are not dragging around hoping to somehow make it in life, but may they walk in true joy and gladness!

You are the best!

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment