Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Rejoice in the Lord

Scripture:

Psalm 32:11 "So rejoice in the Lord and be glad, all you who obey Him! Shout for joy, all you whose hearts are pure!"

Observation:

This is a Psalm of confession and forgiveness. David knew the Lord and He knew of God's incredible mercy and grace. Many times David had fallen and seen the salvation of the Lord when he repented and ask God to forgive him. This time he says that his body was weakening while he had unconfessed sin. After confession and forgiveness, David exclaims, "rejoice in the Lord and be glad, all you who obey Him! Shout for joy, all you whose hearts are pure!" Notice that obeying Him, confession and forgiveness, and a pure heart all go together.

Application:

If you feel like your life is wasting away and you are losing your strength and vitality, check your walk with God and come in for a tune up. If there is something that needs forgiven or confessed, take care of it, that times of refreshing may come from the presence of the Lord. This will cause you to rejoice again and shout again. When we lose our shout and our rejoicing, we must do a spiritual check up to see if there is something between us and the Lord. God wants His people to walk in victory in every area of life, yet we walk defeated too much. A life of obedience and a pure heart will bring the shout of victory and the joy into your life. Everybody wants to rejoice, not a lot of people want to confess and ask forgiveness, the two go together.

Prayer:

Lord, as I have served You for many years, there are times when people and situations get me down. I have been struggling physically and mentally lately. I feel like my energy is going away from me quickly anymore. I need Your help. Forgive me for wrong feelings toward anyone in my life. I confess that I carry many burdens for many people and ask You to help me carry them to You and leave them there. help me establish my prayer life strong again. I want to know You better and be able to rejoice and shout. Teach me to walk in victory as I apply Your word to my life. I love You Lord!

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment