Thursday, August 20, 2009

With God's Help

Scripture:

Psalm 60:12 "With God's help we will do mighty things, for He will trample down our foes".

Observation:

David, for that past few Psalm has been killing me with whining about his enemies. Every once in a while he talks about the Lord, but he has been really upset with those against him. Once in a while during this whining, he will talk about Hid God and how awesome he is.

Application:

David is a great example in the Bible of someone who God loved and was called a man after God's own heart, yet who was very human. These recent Psalms confirm to me that David was a manic depressant. He was very up and down, but definitely loved his Lord and knew that God could help. No matter how bad you feel about not walking in faith, David will help you out because sometimes his faith level seems so low, then he will come through with a verse like this that helps you see how he really feels. He says, "with God's help we will do mighty things, for He will trample down our foes". I believe God is going to do mighty things in my life and will trample down my foes. Many of us want to see God do mighty things, but mighty things are usually done to get you out of really bad problems.

Prayer:

Lord, thank you that you still do mighty things and I can trust You with my life. You are amazing. Thank you for placing people like David in the word who demonstrate the humanity of us all. He helps me see that You understand our whinings and still come through. You are the best,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment