Monday, August 17, 2009

Take Something with You

Scripture:

Psalm 49:16-17 "So don't be dismayed when the wicked grow rich and their homes become ever more splendid. For when they die, they take nothing with them".

Observation:

The Psalmist is telling us not to get upset when the wicked prosper. He says that their homes will become increasingly beautiful and splendid. He then makes the statement that when they die, they take nothing with them.

Application:

When you go on a long trip, you always prepare beforehand what you will take with you. You think about what is allowed on the plane in your luggage and if they will let you take it. Nowadays because of security it is getting harder and harder to take whatever you want. Several times I have been told, "you can't take that on the plane". We need to prepare for heaven the same way we prepare for a trip. If the only thing that can pass from this life to the next is man's spirit, then I need to prepare accordingly. I need to make sure I am continually right with God and living with eternity in mind. Secondly I want to take something to present to the Lord. The only thing allowed are souls, therefore I must make it my aim to take as many people to heaven with me as possible. I must make preparations now to present the Lord with the only things that are eternal. Take something with you when you go!

Prayer:

I want my life to count for eternity. Recently You have been laying this thought in my mind and now it is written in my Daily Wash. Lord, help me to be eternity conscious. Help me to bring souls into You kingdom on a daily basis. I want to invest in the only thing I can take with me to heaven. Help me reach more people with the good news today.

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment