Saturday, August 1, 2009

Divine Fruitfulness

Scripture:

Psalm 1:3 "They are like trees planted along the riverbank, bearing fruit each season. Their leaves never wither, and they prosper in all they do".

Observation:

Three Don'ts and a do from verse 1 and 2. 1 - Don't follow the advice of the wicked. 2 - Don't stand around with sinners. 3 - Don't join in with mockers. 1 - Delight in the law of the Lord and meditate on it day and night.

Those who don't do the first three and do the next one, it says are like trees planted along the riverbank, bearing fruit each season. Their leaves never wither and they prosper in all they do. Those who stay away from evil and stay in the Word of God, meditating on it, will be fruitful and prosper. This is a promise from God!

Application:

God's word is incredibly valuable, but many times we treat it like a little devotional book and not like the words from the most awesome deity in the universe. When we delight in the Law of the Lord and love His word, He will prosper us and our lives will be fruitful. Prosperity is not found in the amount of a paycheck, but in the fruitfulness of a life well-lived. God prospers those who stay in His word and love His ways. Talk to a fruitful person and you will see that they follow the ways of the Lord. Fruitfulness is what causes contentment in life. When you see fruit falling from your tree and that fruit going into good ground and bearing fruit, you are a happy person who feels as though they have accomplished something valuable with their life. Show me someone who has lived for themselves and I will show you someone who is miserable. let the Word of God dwell in you richly! Read it. Eat it. Love it. memorize it. It is of great value and will make you fruitful in every other area of life.

Prayer:

Lord, I want Your word to dwell in me richly. Help me to stay the course and continue to wash daily in Your holy word. Let is change me until I am a prosperous man who produces fruit in every season of life. I want fruit that will remain. It is one of my greatest goals in life. I want sons and daughters who produce sons and daughters. This to me is prosperity. Make me fruitful Lord.

I Love You,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment