Friday, August 21, 2009

I Shall Not Be "Greatly" Moved

Scripture:

Psalm 62:2 "For only He is my rock and my salvation; He is my defense; I shall not be greatly moved".

Observation:

For years we sang the song in church "I shall not be, I shall not be moved". Many other times in Scripture we are told that we will not be moved. This is the first time I have seen it put like this, "I shall not be greatly moved". Sometimes we feel like if our faith waivers even a little that we have lost the battle. The Psalmist here puts full trust in God and still says he will not be greatly moved.

Application:

Sometimes we put the bar so high on living a life of total and complete faith that we could never be moved. The Psalmist this morning helped me to see that sometimes we may be moved a little, but we will not be totally moved. We may get bumped around a little, but we will not be overcome and moved totally. I WILL NOT BE GREATLY MOVED is a beautiful picture of our humanity working with God's divinity. We may get moved a little at times, but God won't let us be completely moved. We may get off track some, but God's GPS will recalculate and get us back on track. There are times when we are moved some, but never are we completely knocked down, our rock, refuge, strength, source, and deliverer always comes through, we just may have been moved a little, but never GREATLY moved.

Prayer:

Lord, there are times when our faith waivers and we are moved a little. There are times when I get moved some by people and things that are not You. I want to be moved by You and You alone, but I see today that there is grace for me in this. Thank you for protecting me from every attack of the enemy. I realize that his attacks may cause me to lose foot a little, but will never make me fall. I may get slightly moved, but never greatly moved. Thank you for holding me close.

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment