Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Troubles?!?

Scripture:

Psalm 34:19 "The righteous person faces many troubles, but the Lord comes to the rescue each time".

Observation:

David is singing this Psalm to the Lord, speaking of how God loves those who walk uprightly. In the middle of this Psalm he talks about righteous people. Here he says that righteous people will face many troubles. This teaching is foreign to many today. We are told that if we are righteous, life will be great and you will live in the blessing of God. The good news is that, if we are righteous, the Lord will rescue each time!

Application:

Life isn't easy for the righteous, but we have a God who sees our righteousness and rescues us every single time. God is faithful to His people. He will take care of you. He can be trusted. Many times today the gospel is preached and it sounds like the righteous should never have a problem. The fact is, the righteous will have problems, but our Lord will deliver us from them all. If you are having some troubles in your life right now, you are sitting with David, Elijah, Abraham, Moses, and even Jesus. They all had problems, but the Lord delivered them from them all. Without troubles, we would never appreciate the good times or have much to thank God for. The last thing I have to say is that this promise is for the "righteous". right living is crucial if you want to see God's rescue takes place for you. When we are not right with Him and living according to His word, we can't expect His blessing and Him to rescue us every time we get in trouble.

Prayer:

Lord, You are my rock and my salvation! My deliverer and the one I trust. When trouble comes in my life, help me remember that troubles are normal for the righteous, yet You rescue us from them as we trust in You. Sometimes it feels like You don't rescue quickly enough, but You always come through. Thank You for Your promises. Help me to walk in righteousness every day and to keep my way pure before You. Forgive me for taking things into my own hands and teach me to trust You as my deliverer. You are awesome!

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment