Sunday, August 16, 2009

Be Still and Know that He is God

Scripture:

Psalm 46:10 "Be still, and know that I am God! I will be honored by every nation. I will be honored throughout the world."

Observation:

This is a very familiar verse that people often quote when they are troubled. The Psalmist has just finished talking about the awesomeness of God. He tells about God's voice thundering and and the earth melting. He is talking about how great the Lord is, then comes to this verse that is placed in this context of speaking about the phenomenal power of God. It is as if to say, because of God's incredible power and authority, you can be still. He goes on to prophesy that God will be honored in the entire world.

Application:

We can be still and know that He is God only when we recognize Him for who He is. He can speak and the nations tremble. He can cause wars to end throughout the earth. Nothing is too difficult for Him, therefore, we can stand still and watch our Lord work on our behalf. He wants me to know that He is in control. He knows what is coming and what has past. He knows exactly what need to happen in my life and I can relax and trust Him. I can be still because He is incredible! This also tells me that God will be honored in all the earth one day. One day every knee shall bow and every tongue will confess that Jesus Christ is Lord. Those that think they don't need Jesus now, will one day be crying out and bowing down in honor of Him. I keep hearing the words "be still...I've got it all under control".

Prayer:

Lord, You are beyond description! Your majesty is matchless in the entire world. I cannot describe how awesome You are. Your power and love are limitless and I can trust You completely. Thank You for the peace I have in my heart that You are with me and everything is going to be okay. Teach me to trust You more, that I may "be still and know that You are God".

Thanks for working in me!

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment