Friday, August 14, 2009

My Life's Dream

Scripture:

Psalm 40:10 "I have not kept the good news of Your justice hidden in my heart; I have talked about Your faithfulness and saving power. I have told everyone in the great assembly of your unfailing love and faithfulness".

Observation:

David writes this Psalm, opens his heart and tells the Lord what he has done in his life. He tells the Lord what he has done for him. He basically tells the Lord that he has told everyone about God's love and faithfulness.

Application:

My life's dream is to be able to say at the end of my life what David says in this verse. I want to hear the words, "well done good and faithful servant". That is my life's dream! At the end of my life I want to be able to say like David, I haven't kept the good news silent; I have talked about Your faithfulness and saving power; and I have told everyone in this great assembly of your unfailing love and faithfulness. I want to be able to say I have done everything possible with what I have been given to let the world know about Jesus and his good news. I want to build a "great assembly" to talk of Him in. I don't want to keep what God has done for me a secret, but want to share it with the world. I want to tell the world that God cares for them and that His love is amazing.

Prayer:

Lord, give me the opportunity and I will declare Your name to the every nation. Give me the opportunity and the resources and I will make Your name known in every nation of the earth. I will declare Your goodness and faithfulness in the great assembly. Give me strength and I will preach Your gospel till the end of my life. I love you lord and I want to make the most of every opportunity to share the love of Christ with the world.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment