Thursday, May 7, 2009

When Spears are Flying

Scripture:

I Samuel 19:10 "Then Saul sought to pin David to the wall with the spear, but he slipped away from Saul's presence; and he drove the spear into the wall. So David fled and escaped that night".

Observation:

These chapters are amazing. David has defeated Goliath of Gath. He is gaining popularity in Israel, and has already been anointed King, yet he is being attacked by his leader. He is attacked with a spear by Saul, yet never retaliates with force. David knew his rightful place as King, but would not fight against the person God had placed into that position before him. Instead of fighting for what was right, he fled.

Application:

Some battles are not meant to be fought. Some battles we are to simply flee away from, even when you know you are right. Instead of fighting, which David was good at, he chose to flee. Many times we get ourselves into trouble when we try to defend ourselves instead of just allowing God to retaliate. We must remember that vengeance belongs to the Lord and He will repay. We like to take vengeance when treated wrongly, but when we take vengeance, God can no longer fight for us. Let Him fight the battle and you just flee. God is in control! He will raise you up at the right time.

Prayer:

Lord, teach me that some battles are not worth fighting. Teach me to die to the flesh that wants to defend myself when accused of things I didn't do. Forgive me for taking things into my own hands instead of allowing You to fight for me. Help me to truly put my trust in You. You alone are my salvation! You alone are my source, provider and deliverer! You are my God and I love You.

You're the Best!
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment