Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Preparing a Place for His Presence

Scripture:

II Sam. 7:2 "See now, I dwell in a house of cedar, but the ark of God dwells inside tent curtains".

Observation:

David was a man after God's own heart. He wanted the right things in life. Here we see David feeling bad because he was living in a nice cedar house and God's presence had to be in a tent. He wanted to build a house for God that would make God look good! He had a desire to see God blessed before himself.

Application:

The American dream is to build a nice house, have a nice car and a great retirement program so we can relax and enjoy life. David was more concerned about God's house than he was his own. We must be people who are about God's business as our first priority. It is so easy to get ensnared in the ways of the American dream and pursue it with all our hearts, but where is God in this picture. What about building His kingdom? It tends to get lost in the shuffle.

Prayer:

Lord, please help me to keep the main the the main thing. Help me to keep my heart on the harvest and my eyes on You. As David was concerned about a place for Your presence, so I want to prepare a place for Your presence. I want to walk with you, talk with you and hear your voice. Help me not to get entangled in the American dream, but to dream God dreams!

I Love You Lord,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment