Thursday, May 28, 2009

Open My Eyes

Scripture:

II Kings 6:16-17 "So he answered, 'do not fear, for those who are with us are more than those who are with them'. And Elisha prayed, and said, 'Lord, I pray, open his eyes that he may see'. The the Lord opened the eyes of the young man, and he saw. And behold the mountain was full of horses and chariots of fire all around Elisha".

Observation:

Elisha had been surrounded with an army coming after him. He remains calm when his servant tells him. The servant can't figure this guy out because he isn't even stressed out about it. Elisha asked the Lord to open his servant's eyes and the servant could see a larger army of chariots of fire and horses all around. Wow! He must have been amazed.

Application:

God has so many more resources than we give Him credit for. With Him, nothing is impossible! He can chase off armies with a word. He can sends legions of angels at any moment. Sometimes we stress out because things look like we are in a bad situation. If only we could see into the spirit world, I believe we would react so much differently in our tough times. If we could see from God's perspective, nothing would ever look impossible. God knows what He is doing and just needs us to see what He is up to sometimes.

Prayer:

Lord, Open my eyes that I may see You are in control. You never leave us or forsake us. I know this, but it would really help to see what You see and to be able to stand stronger because I have seen the glory of the Lord. Teach me to have faith as if I had seen what the servant of Elisha saw. You said, blessed are those who have not see, yet believe. I want to be one who sees, but if I don't let me still believe just as strong that You and Your armies are with me when I am in a bad place.

I Love You Lord,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment