Tuesday, May 5, 2009

A Different Person

Scripture:

I Samuel 10:6 "At that time the Spirit of the Lord will come powerfully upon you, and you will prophesy with them. You will be changed into a different person".

Observation:

Samuel is anointing Saul to be the king then people wanted. He speaks to Saul and tells him that the Spirit of the Lord was going to come upon him. He tells him the Spirit of the Lord is going to make him a different person. God did what he prophesied through Samuel.

Application:

When God anoints a person, they will become a different person. A shy person may become bold. A Weak person will become strong. The anointing will make you what you thought you would never be. When God anoints you with His power, you feel like you could march through a troop and leap over a wall! In this day, we need some men and women of God who have cried out to Him until they have been anointed with fresh oil and become the people of God.

Prayer:

Father, let your anointing come upon my life. I want Your presence and power in my life and ministry. I need Your empowerment, because in the flesh, I cannot do what I know You have called me to do as I am right now. I need to be a different man, but i don't want that to be a man of my own making. I want it to be You all the way! Work in my heart and make me the man You want me to be.

I love you Lord,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment