Saturday, May 30, 2009

Faithful Dealings

Scripture:

II Kings 12:15 "Moreover they did not require an account from the men into whose hand they delivered the money to be paid to workmen, for they dealt faithfully".

Observation:

Jehoash had decided to repair the temple. He was a good king who did right in the eyes of the Lord. He put an offering bucket in God's house and as it was filled, he paid people to work on the temple. The workmen were faithful to the Lord and to the King and therefore the king did not require an account of the money and how it was spent. He just wanted to know the job was done.

Application:

Today there are contracts, amendments, revisions, and everything has to be a major legal battle because people are no longer trustworthy. Now we have to constantly look over people's shoulders and watch how they spend because there is a lack of trust in our society. I believe God wants His people to have such faithful dealings that we don't have to check out what they are doing. When our yes is yes and our no, no, I believe we will see more trust restored. A handshake use to seal the deal, but now, because we don't fear the Lord, we have several signatures to attest what is to be done.

Prayer:

Lord, I want to be faithful in all my dealings. Help me to walk in integrity of heart before You and man. Help me to make my yes mean yes and my no mean no. Teach me to be a person who can be fully trusted at all times. I want to walk purely before You Lord. I want to be trustworthy in every area and I want those who know me best to respect me most.

Thanks Lord,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment