Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Stirred up by Others

Scripture:

I Kings 21:25 "But there was no one like Ahab who sold himself to do wickedness in the sight of the Lord, because Jezebel his wife stirred him up".

Observation:

Ahab gets a terrible word over his life here and his leadership and is remembered as one of the worst kings in the history of Israel. The problem is that this verse tells us why. It says his wife stirred him up to do evil. He did it, but his wife stirred him up to do it. He gets the bad rap because he listened to those around him instead of listening to the Lord.

Application:

There will be many who try to stir up wrong things in our lives. Our lives will be full of people who want to stir us up to do wrong, but we always have a choice. Ahab went down in history as a terrible king because he gave in to the pressure of his wife and listened to her over the voice of God. When we stand before God, the person who tried to stir us up to do wrong won't be there with us. We will be judged on our actions and can't blame someone else for what we did. We must never use "the devil made me do it" or "my friends made me do it" excuse.

Prayer:

Lord, I want to follow Your ways and not live a life of excuses. I want to fulfill Your will for my life and not allow people to stir me up of get me off track. I don't want to blame someone else for my lack of obedience. Help me Lord to be strong when trials come and stand for Your word and what is right.

I love You Lord,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment