Saturday, May 16, 2009

Blessings for Curses

Scripture:

II Samuel 16:12 "And perhaps the Lord will see that I am being wronged and will bless me because of these curses today".

Observation:

David was being cursed and stones were being thrown at him. In this situation, most of us would retaliate in an ungodly way. David says the Lord may "bless me because of these curses today". He, in the Old Testament understood the Sermon on the Mount teachings of Jesus who would later come and talk about these kind of responses. Jesus said, "blessed are you when men revile you and persecute you and speak all manner of evil against you". David understood that God fought his battles and always left the results of attacks up to the Lord and didn't retaliate. He understood that God had his back.

Application:

Faith says that God is in control of every part of our lives. When people are against us and say all kinds of bad things about us, we can trust and have faith in His word that tells us we will be blessed when these things happen. David understood that when something bad happened to him that God was watching, loved him, and would respond on his behalf. People of faith in God are people who leave the battles in the and of the Lord. They don't fight their own battles! We must learn this lesson from David's life. God will work on your behalf and bring blessings out of curses if we remain in the right attitude before Him.

Prayer:

Lord, teach me not to fight my own battles, but to trust You more. help me not to feel I must defend myself, my reputation, my feelings etc. I want to be a man faith who understands how You operate. Help me not get stressed out when others don't see my point of view and do what I think is right. I give You permission to work on my behalf by giving up my right to defend myself.

Your Servant,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment