Friday, May 8, 2009

Secure in the Lord

Scripture:

I Samuel 25:29 "Even when you are chased by those who seek to kill you, your life is safe in the care of the Lord your God, secure in his treasure pouch!"

Observation:

If anyone had a reason to fight back, it was David. Yet he chose to trust in the name of the Lord his God. He basically says if you are in the will of the Lord, nothing can touch you. God will take care of you and keep you secure in His treasure pouch. We have "treasure" in earthen vessels. We are the Lord's treasure and He will take care of us.

Application:

The Lord watches over us and wants to bless us. When we do things His way, He will take care of you in any situation. God loves His children and they are like a treasure to Him. The safest place on earth is in God's treasure pouch!

Prayer:

Lord, thank you for reminding me this morning that You will take care of me. Sometimes it is hard to trust when you feel like things are not going right. Sometimes we feel like we are not being taken care of and so we take things into our own hands. I want to trust the Lord my God more and to know that I am His treasure. Thanks for reminding me of your goodness towards me this morning Lord.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment