Thursday, May 21, 2009

The Glory of the Lord

Scripture:

I Kings 8:10-11 "When the priests came out of the Holy Place, a think cloud filled the Temple of the Lord. The priests could not continue their service because of the cloud, for the glorious presence of the Lord filled the Temple".

Observation:

Solomon had just dedicated an incredible temple to the Lord. Israel had worked on it and built it with precision, using only the finest materials money could buy anywhere on earth. When they placed the Ark of the Covenant in it's resting place, a thick cloud filled the building until the priests could not do their functions. The glorious presence of the Lord filled the place.

Application:

We are the temple of the Holy Spirit and should be filled at all times with the cloud of God's presence. In the OT, the presence of God was limited to one place at a time, wherever the Ark was. When Jesus died, the veil of the Temple was torn in two and the presence of God was now accessible for any follower of Jesus Christ. There was nothing the priests could do to make the presence come or go, but while it was there, they were amazed! Much preparation went into making the temple just right so that the Lord would bless it. We should be spending time every day asking God to purify and cleanse our temples, that the presence of the Lord may be with us at extreme levels. I want the glory of the Lord around me at all times.

Prayer:

Fill me with Your glory! I want to be overflowing in Your glory until nobody can deny the awesomeness of my God. At the dedication of the Temple, nobody could argue about whether the presence of God was there or not, they could see it! I want to live a life that others can look at and see the glory of the Father. Jesus, you said, "Herein is My Father glorified, that you bear much fruit". Help me to bear more fruit than I have in the past. I want my life to bring You glory.

I Love You,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment