Friday, May 8, 2009

Let God Fight Your Battles

Scripture:

I Samuel 24:12 "May the Lord judge between us. Perhaps the Lord will punish you for what you are trying to do to me, but I will never harm you".

Observation:

After much times living in caves and running through the wilderness for his very life, David had a perfect opportunity to kill Saul. He refused, against the will of those with him, to kill Saul. Saul was trying desperately and openly to kill David, but David refused to take Saul's life when he had the perfect chance.

Application:

We must learn from David to let the Lord fight our battles. Though he had every right to kill Saul, David refused and said, "Perhaps the Lord will punish you for what you are doing, but I will never harm you". We need to learn from David that God has a plan and that He will take care of our enemies. We must never fight for ourselves, but let God arise and take care of it. he is more able than I could ever be. When given the opportunity, I hope I would do the same thing.

Prayer:

Lord, I want to trust You more. It is easier to fight for myself than to let You fight my battles. It is natural to defend myself and preserve myself, but You said, He that saves his life will lose it, and he that loses his life will save it. Teach me to trust You more. I hear You speaking to me, help me obey and not stress out on the things I want to control. You are in control.

I love you Lord,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment