Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Revenge Belongs to the Lord

Scripture:

II Samuel 4:10 "Someone once told me, 'Saul is dead,' thinking he was bringing me good news. But I seized him and killed him at Ziklag. That's the reward I gave him for his news".

Observation:

David was persecuted terribly by Saul. Generally, when you have been tormented by someone and they are gone, you are happy. It was normal for new kings to kill all the descendants of former kings so they would not be a threat to the new monarchy. Not for David, he realized the Lord was with him and would take care of him. He truly trusted God with his life, future, and family etc. He was a man of faith (trust). He trusted God to defend him against his enemies and God always did.

Application:

God would not ever want us to be proud of destroying another person, whether in word or in deed. Jesus said, "love your enemies". He wants us to trust Him for our lives. It is much easier to take things into our own hands and fight our battles. We should be more like David, who did not get joy about the defeat of his enemies, but was sorrowful about it.

Prayer:

Lord, let me be more like David. Teach me Your ways and let me learn of You. Show me how to treat those who offend me and how to handle difficult situations with tact, love and care. Help me respond better when criticized and not be defensive.

I love You Lord,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment