Monday, May 11, 2009

Weak Though Anointed

Scripture:

II Samuel 3:39 "And I am weak today, though anointed king; and these men, the sons of Zeruiah, are too harsh for me. The Lord shall repay the evildoer according to his wickedness".

Observation:

Saul has dies and David has become king. He has seen a lot of problems, murders, etc. At this point he makes a powerfully revealing statement. David didn't mind sharing his weakness and admitting when he was having problems. He makes the statement, "I am weak today, though anointed king". He then gives his problems to the Lord and says the Lord will repay the evildoer for their wickedness.

Application:

It's okay to admit when you feel weak. It is also seen here that you can be weak, yet anointed. Paul said that in his weakness Christ made him strong. Paul also understood the grace of God and realized that it was okay to be weak. Sometimes we like to put up a nice image that everything is always good. Strong leaders are able to say, "I'm having a bad day, but God is still with me and I'm still anointed". May this ink into our hearts and lives as we pursue God every day.

Prayer:

Lord, help me get off the performance treadmill that says I have to be perfect and can't have any weaknesses. I want the weight of perfectionism lifted from my shoulders. Help me Lord to be able to say "I am weak today, though anointed". Help me not to carry an image that everything is okay when it isn't. Help me be real with those You have called me to lead.

I Love You Lord,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment