Wednesday, May 8, 2024

Who God Appoints

 Scripture:

”Saul replied, “But I’m only from the tribe of Benjamin, the smallest tribe in Israel, and my family is the least important of all the families of that tribe! Why are you talking like this to me?” 1 Samuel‬ ‭9‬:‭21‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

Israel wanted a king and God told them not to do it, but they wanted to be like other countries who had a king that would physically lead them and battle for them. Eventually the Lord chose Saul. Saul had the looks of a leader, but his heart was humble. That’s what God looks for. Throughout the Bible, God used men and women who considered themselves unfit for the job. Usually He appointed those who felt underqualified.

Application:

God seldom asks us to do things that we are qualified to do. Many times I have heard the phrase, “God doesn’t call the qualified, He qualifies the called.” God tends to use those who feel like they are the smallest and the weakest. In doing this, He knows they will lean on Him and not on themselves. When we feel over-confident, we are in a dangerous place. I want to live dependent on the Lord at all times. God always raises up the humble and brings the proud to nothing.

Prayer:

Father, You are worthy of all my praise. You have been so good to me all the days of my life. Let me never lead from a place of pride, but always with humility. Let me never lean on my own thoughts, gifts, or desires, but on You completely. Help me to live a life of faith, knowing that i am nothing and You are everything.

Yours Forever,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment