Wednesday, May 29, 2024

God’s Wisdom

 Scripture:

“God gave Solomon very great wisdom and understanding, and knowledge as vast as the sands of the seashore.” ‭‭1 Kings‬ ‭4‬:‭29‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

This chapter speaks of the incredible wisdom Solomon displayed as he ruled Israel. The end of the chapter says that kings from around the world sent their leaders to hear him and learn from him. This scripture lets us know that Solomon’s wisdom was God-given and not simply human wisdom. Wisdom is powerful, but God-given wisdom is beyond understanding. 

Application:

I need to ask God for His wisdom more often and seek Him for His understanding of things. God is the author of wisdom and wisdom personified. I want God’s wisdom to flow through my life. I wan to represent Him well and to complete everything He has for me to do.

Prayer:

Father, help me to walk in step with You. Grant me wisdom to do all You have asked of me. Teach me to walk in wisdom in all situations. Today, as I counsel, let me give Your counsel and not human counsel. Let me lead Your people well. Help me to know what to do and when to do it. Give me wisdom from on high.

Your Son,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment