Saturday, May 4, 2024

Overflow

 Scripture:

”I pray that God, the source of hope, will fill you completely with joy and peace because you trust in him. Then you will overflow with confident hope through the power of the Holy Spirit.“ ‭‭Romans‬ ‭15‬:‭13‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

Paul is closing his letter to the Romans and prays this prayer for them. He prays that God will fill them completely with joy and peace because they trust in Him. He then states, “Then you will overflow with confident hope through the power of the Holy Spirit.” When God fills us completely with joy and peace because we trust Him, we will overflow with hope. 

Application:

I want to walk, not only getting by in Christ, but I want to live on a constant overflow of hope. I don’t want to just get by in life, but I want to soar like the eagles. I want to live excited about the coming days and years and never with a negative expectation. My place is to trust in God, who will fill me with joy and peace, then comes the overflow. I need to trust Him more and live in the overflow.

Prayer:

Father, I want to live in the overflow of confident hope. I want to trust You at deeper levels. You have been so faithful to me through he years. Help me to never get negative, but to live in joy and peace because I trust You. Let my trust increase and let me live in the overflow of confident hope through the power of the Holy Spirit. Let me live out my days full of faith and expectation of good things to come.

Yours,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment