Tuesday, May 28, 2024

Take Courage and Be a Man

 Scripture:

““I am going where everyone on earth must someday go. Take courage and be a man.” ‭‭1 Kings‬ ‭2‬:‭2‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

As David was preparing Solomon to rule in his place as King of Israel he gave him some important advice. I love this because it is so simple, but so profound. He told his son, “Take courage and be a man.” He knew what his son needed in order to rule the kingdom well. He needed to be a man and have a backbone.  He was going to have to make some serious decisions and needed to man up.

Application:

Sometimes in life and leadership we just need to man up. Sometimes the best leadership advice is simply to be a man. Being a man signifies that someone is bold and courageous. Being a man means someone is fierce and makes the hard decisions. I need to man up in my leadership. There are times when I am far too passive and I know it. I need to heed David’s words to Solomon and man up.

Prayer:

Father, help me to make the right decisions and to do the right things. Give me a man’s heart that is bold and confident and not afraid to make hard decisions. Help me to lead like a man and not like someone who can’t make up his mind. Let me be more secure in my position as a leader in Your kingdom.

Yours Forever,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment