Monday, May 20, 2024

Trusting God and Yielding to His Purposes

 Scripture:

“Then the king instructed Zadok to take the Ark of God back into the city. “If the Lord sees fit,” David said, “he will bring me back to see the Ark and the Tabernacle again.” ‭‭2 Samuel‬ ‭15‬:‭25‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

David had left the city because of his son Absalom. His son had rebelled against him and stirred up the people against his father. David wanted to come back into the city so he told his people. “Take the ark of God back into the city, if the Lord sees fit, he will bring me back to see the Ark and the Tabernacle again.” He had such intimacy with God that he felt the Lord would make sure he wasn’t far from the Ark, where God’s presence was manifested at that time. 

Application:

David knew God loved him. He loved to spend time with God and he knew the Lord loved that as well. He had confidence that if he was separated from God’s presence, God would make a way for them to be together. I want to walk in that level of relationship with God. I want to know His voice, hear His heart, and do what He wants me to do. I want to trust God like David did. He trusted God over every person, plan, or agenda.

Prayer:

Lord God Almighty, You are awesome and I love You deeply. Thank You for blessing my life over and over again. You are my life and my salvation. You are my hope and my help. You are my everything! Teach me to trust You like David did. Help me to trust your heart in all situations. Help me to follow You well all the days of my life. I yield to Your purposes in all things.

Yours Forever,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment