Monday, May 13, 2024

Trust God’s Ways

 Scripture:

”He said to his men, “The Lord forbid that I should do this to my Lord the king. I shouldn’t attack the Lord’s anointed one, for the Lord himself has chosen him.” So David restrained his men and did not let them kill Saul. After Saul had left the cave and gone on his way,“ ‭‭1 Samuel‬ ‭24‬:‭6‬-‭7‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

David had the perfect chance to kill Saul, who had been pursuing him in order to kill him. David refused to kill Saul because he understood that the Lord had chosen Saul. David understood that God was in control and he wasn’t going to take things into his own hands. He felt that if God wanted Saul dead, God would kill him, but he refused to put a hand on the person that God had placed in office. 

Application:

Learning to trust God rather than taking things into my own hands is a difficult lesson to learn. Many times there are things that appear to be right, but are not what God wants us to do. Rather than acting in the flesh and doing what I want to do, I need to trust God and wait on Him. We must trust God’s timing and God plan rather than doing what seems like the right thing to do. Even when good people push me to lead in a certain direction, I must remain faithful to God and do what he has called me to do.

Prayer:

Lord God Almighty, You are worthy of it all! You are my strength and my song. You are my everything. Teach me to trust You ways and Your will at all times. Help me not to seek to accomplish in the flesh what I believe You want me to do. I want to obey You completely and at all times. Help me to hear You clearly and follow You completely. 

Yours Forever,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment