Friday, May 3, 2024

Treat People Well, Even When They Hurt You

 Scripture:

”Don’t let evil conquer you, but conquer evil by doing good.“ ‭‭Romans‬ ‭12‬:‭21‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

Paul tells the Romans not to let evil conquer them, but to conquer evil by doing good. Just prior to this verse he tells them to be good to those who are their enemies. He tells them to give their enemies food when they are hungry and to be good to them. Paul was telling the people to let God bring revenge instead of trying to take revenge for themselves.

Application:

If we really trust God, we must trust Him in the are of relationships. Relationships can hurt and relationships can be a blessing. When a relationship goes sour, we must still be good to the person and treat them with kindness, even if they have done things to hurt us. We must treat people well and leave the judgment to God. We are to treat others how we want to be treated and not how they might deserve to be treated because of what they have done to us.

Prayer:

Father, help me to love like Jesus loved. Help me to treat people well, even when they are doing things to hurt me. Teach me to overcome evil with good deeds and good thoughts. Help me to respond well when people do things to hurt me. I want to be more like Jesus, even in this area.

Yours,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment