Monday, May 27, 2024

God’s Special Favor

 Scripture:

“But whatever I am now, it is all because God poured out his special favor on me—and not without results. For I have worked harder than any of the other apostles; yet it was not I but God who was working through me by his grace.” ‭‭1 Corinthians‬ ‭15‬:‭10‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

Paul says here that he worked harder than any of the other apostles and saw results because of God’s special favor. He had put in the work, but God came through and brought the results. He understood that God’s special favor made him successful, but he didn’t lean on that. He worked hard and God worked hard through him. Together, they made a huge impact for Christ in the world in his time.

Application:

Paul was not lazy in any sense of the word. He worked hard for the Lord, yet he also leaned on the grace and favor of the Lord. As God’s servants today, we must not be afraid of hard work. We must work hard, but also lean into the grace and favor of God as partners. I personally long to work with the Lord as one working together to change the world. I can work hard on my own or I can work hard and do it through the power of the Holy Spirit. I choose that option. Both are hard work, but the second brings incredible results. 

Prayer:

Lord God, I will always work hard for You, but I don’t just want to work FOR You. I want to work WITH You. Let Your favor and grace fill my life. Teach me to walk in Your ways and to see Your results. I don’t want to work hard and wear out. I want to work hard, empowered by Your Spirit. Empower my life and give me strength as I get older to accomplish all You want in and through my life. I am Yours.

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment