Sunday, May 19, 2024

Hindered Blessings

 Scripture:

“I gave you your master’s house and his wives and the kingdoms of Israel and Judah. And if that had not been enough, I would have given you much, much more.” ‭‭2 Samuel‬ ‭12‬:‭8‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

After David sinned with Bathsheeba and had her husband killed, Nathan the prophet confronted David. God told David, I gave you the kingship, Saul’s house, and two kingdoms have come together o be under your leadership. Then He says, “if that had not been enough, I would have given you much, much, more.” God wanted to bless David more than he could have imagined, but He was limited by David’s sin.

Application:

God’s plans for our lives are incredible! He wants to bless us, prosper us, work through us, etc. I wonder how many times God’s awesome plans for us are hindered by our disobedience. I wonder if God wants to do more in my life, but may have some hindrances to His working? I want to please the Lord and walk in step with Him, but I know I miss His will at times. I want to walk in stronger obedience and see God’s blessing reach its fulness in my life.

Prayer:

Lord God, once again I offer You my life. Come Holy Spirit and have Your way in me. Show me areas I need to work on that may be stopping up Your river of blessing. Show me the thing You want me to change and I will respond to the best of my ability. Help me to walk in Your favor and not to miss out on anything You have for me because of my disobedience. Baptize people in the precious Holy Spirit today and tonight in our services. Fill people to overflow.

Yours Forever,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment